Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

High Rollin' at Wimbledon

In July, I was invited by my lovely boss to attend the Men's Semi-Finals at Wimbledon. So I Wimbledon-ified myself and off I went to enjoy Pimm's, Strawberries & Cream, and Rafael Nadal! 

We were a group of 10 including my boss, Kirsty - a fellow PA friend, her boss Gordon & his wife, Laura & Rob from my team, a few fellow Americans, and some Marketing guys.

The package the we were on started with a champagne reception at the Golf Course country club next to Wimbledon, followed by a 4 course lunch. The lunch had salads and steaks and creme brulee... it was insane! 


After lunch, golf carts drove us over to the entrance of Wimbledon. I've never had such fancy treatment! Before we took our seats, we went to the private bar area for people on our package where I tried Pimm's for the first time. I have to admit, it was NOT my favorite. Any alcohol you have to serve with fruit & mint to take the edge off is a little a dodgy in my book. The first sip tastes amazing, but each subsequent sip just gets worse and worse. This is pretty unfortunate as Pimm's is a big thing London is known for. Very popular in the summer. 


We had Centre Court tickets and it was a bright sun shiny day - it was such a perfect experience! We got to see both Matches - Djokovic v. Tsonga and then Murray v. Nadal. 


I was hoping to spot Celebs while we were there, but Kirsty was the only one to see anyone up close - Pippa Middleton! There was clearly a "Celeb Box" but I'm pretty sure they were all British Celebs - I had no clue who they were!

1 comment: