Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fourth of July with the Samedis!

For the 4th of July, we went to Cambridge to Celebrate with Bernie and Alison. As a real treat, Bernie took us to the Commissary on the American Base up that way. Why do I love the Commissary? Because it's JUST like shopping in a Safeway in the States! I can buy Velveeta, and Fiber One Cereal and Goya Products and Breyer's ice cream - it's fantastic! One this trip though, we focused on BBQ friendly food. 


Andrew and Bernie were the grill masters for the day while Alison and I made the sides in the Kitchen. This is also the day where I got to experience "Big Fat Gypsy Weddings," a view into one of the most bizarre cultures I have ever seen! They get married SUPER young, as young as 15 or 16 and men "grab" them and drag them to a dark corner to show their interest - so crazy. We watched probably 5 episodes of this show in between pigging out. 

Finally, we ended the night by going out in Cambridge - with the college kiddies :) I had on a strappy Maxi dress and Alison, I top and some jeans. We looked like nuns compared to what every other girl was wearing. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seriously felt like there was a competition to see who could wear the least! 

Anyways, as usual, it was a great night out with B & A. Love those guys! 





No comments:

Post a Comment