Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Friday, April 2, 2010

New Friends!

It's been a fun week so far full of work, school, shopping, not much sleep and friends! Matt, Vicky and Holly came to our place at 10 AM on Monday. Holly wanted to see more of London before her flight that evening so we went to Covent Gardens to poke around. There were THE cutest shops and several very reasonably priced! I will definitely going back. I got a super cute pair of shoes from a store called Faith. They are mostly white with a black patented piece around the back and a same at the toe complete with bow. LOVE THEM! Even better - they were on sale!

Vicky lived in London a few years ago for 6 months so I
tried to pick her brain as far as what I should see! My list now includes the Isle of White, Wales, Scottland, Bath, Stonehenge...to name a few! We hung out in South Kensington Monday night. Vicky also introduced me to white coffee. I'd never heard of it before, but oh my is it delish! Coffee, steamed milk and a spoon of sugar! so good!

I've also been working (from home) this week in my new fashion marketing role. I'm really liking it so far! There's a lot of work to be done! There are crazy work hours too. Because the company is based in LA, my boss's boss likes me to be available definitely between 8-11 AM and 4-8 PM. There are some big events coming up so I'm not sure if that's the way it will always be or if it's just for the crazy periods... we shall see!! I redesigned some of their marketing materials and they were pretty happy with the results :)

Andrew's friends from work met at Miss Q's right by our house this week so I met Kenna and Shivani and James :) We played lots of pool (which i stunk severely) but there wer
e hugs all around so I'm glad they didn't hold it against me!

To say thank you for letting them stay with us, VIcky and Matt brought me cupcakes from Harrod's!! I may have eaten all 6 in a 4 hour period... oops!

So happy with all the friend time this week!

I also met Andrew at work for lunch on Wednesday so I could b
e added to the bank account (our bank happens to be located in the lobby of his building). Check out how pretty his office building is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment