Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Friday, April 9, 2010

The new Buffalo sauce

I crave condiments. I go on kicks where I become obsessed with a condiment and plan my meals based on what I can put that condiment on. For the last year or so, my main go-to has been buffalo sauce. I put it on EVERYTHING - pizza, chicken, pork, turkey burgers, shrimp, anything. I bought two gi-normous bottles of Frank's from Costco before the move, but while waiting for their arrival, I've discovered Nando's Peri-Peri sauce at it...is...glorious!

It comes in 3 levels of hotness. I started with the HOT, but as it made my mouth numb and me drool uncontrollably, I've switch to Medium. It has the same hotness, only I can taste the flavor a little more. So now, I put it on everything here - chicken, rice, beans, pizza, sandwiches. ANYTHING. I'm unashame-edly hooked. Hooked. Not sure if there is an equivalent in the States, but if so, I fully recommend it.

Today I had my first sewing class. I was the only person signed up so I had 3 hours of one-on-one attention. I loved it! I learned open and closed seams, how to sew corners, how to face, how to sew darts, different hemming options, button holes, and more. I have a list of a bunch of places to buy fabrics and supplies, so I think this weekend I will stock up and make my first project since my hubby gave me an early B-day present - a Janome machine! yay!

Other than that, nothing but work this week. I met the girl, Eliis, that i've been helping out today. We got to know each other over wine spritzers and sunshine as these last two days have been beyond gorgeous. I went for a run yesterday through Hyde park and there were so many people hanging out, laying out and just enjoying the weather. It couldn't have been more amazing. And this weekend is supposed to be the same... looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment