Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Friday, January 21, 2011

My long lost TOMS are here!

According to my ultra hipster bro (I am probably using "ultra hipster" incorrectly as I know there is a solid definition that he's explained to me more than once yet I have clearly not retained) TOMS shoes are all the rage in Cali. They are of the simple canvas variety, but the really cool thing about the company is that for every pair they sell, they give a pair to a child in need! Finally, shopping that REALLY makes you feel good (and not just for buying something pretty for yourself...)! 

Anyway, my wonderful brother got me a pair for Christmas. They were black (the only color his Nordstroms had) and the perfect size, but for a slip-on canvas shoe, I thought I'd get a pair that was a little funkier! He confessed that he had hoped to get a more fun pair and thus didn't oppose my plans to exchange. So post Christmas, Andrew and I drove to Annapolis in search of the perfect pair. I must say that the gentleman, Chris, who helped us in a VERY busy day after Christmas madhouse was the nicest and most helpful retail associate I have ever dealt with. I fell in love with the red, gray, and camo pairs. NONE were in my size. I opted not to exchange that day. 

My mom, Aunt Mari and I went to Pentagon city the Monday after Christmas to try again. Again, NOTHING. At this point I had decided that if I had to order them online regardless, that I really wanted the camo ones. I ordered immediately when I got home but they didn't make it in time before I left for the UK again. 
 
But today, I walked in from a lovely morning of shopping to a care package from my mama and my lovely TOMS were inside!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! They are more of a Spring/Summer shoe, but I am going to try to find a reason before them immediately because they are honestly too cute for words. 

While posting, I went to the official TOMS site for its link and saw that there are even CUTER ones available now! Stripes and plaids - I think I may need to invest in another pair sometime soon.... I mean, it is for a really good cause right?! 

PS Please ignore my glaringly white feet. I cannot think of the last time my skin has seen direct sunlight... 

2 comments:

  1. Love them! You should get a pair of the wedges...I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toms are the best! I bought my first pair of Toms in Annapolis (!) about two years ago. I went for the cream/brown polka dots ones and then the collection started...well, let's just say I own a few now ;) They are so comfortable, you'll definitely buy more!! I am trying to convince Rob to buy some for himself too but he is sceptical about no-lace shoes, booh!

    ReplyDelete