Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ho Ho Holiday Part 2

After Roanoke, we spent the rest of our Holidays in So Mar at my parents house. Monday, after we got back, Andrew's mom came in from Houston to spend Christmas with us :) 

Now that I'm a big girl,  I try to help my mom out with the cooking and picking up after the boys etc. I made tuna avocado salad and some bruschetta and spinach & cheese puffs and a chocolate tart with Raspberries and a couple batches of guacamole. Not going to lie, I make a  mean guac. I'm really into avocados right now, especially with tuna and a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. 

A little side note, in my path to career self discovery, I have decided that I may really like to go into Physical Therapy or a Physician Assistant role. So Tuesday,  I spent the good part of a day with our family friend Molly who is a Physical Therapist! We saw the cutest little old men recovering in the hospital after surgery and an accident and were teaching them (well, I was just washing as I am not qualified in any way to work with people in this way) how to get mobile again. And then I went down to the Outpatient area and hung out with Ivan for awhile, another PT. With him, I got to see a guy with two broken heels! It's an amazing thing, being a PT. You really improve the quality of life for these people. I felt very inspired after my PT day :) I'm actually thinking about applying to a program while I'm here in London! We shall see... 


Back to Christmas! Wednesday, we went to Baltimore for dinner to see Greg and Ashley! It was the first time I got to see their house in Silo Point. It was gorgeous! It's kind of cool to have townhouses on the 10th floor of a building! We had dinner in the Mexican Restaurant, Miguel;s, in the building and I felt like I was watching an episode of Man v. Food when Andrew ordered the burrito because it was the size of a baby. It was delish and Andrew cleared his plate! Andrew is currently the lightest he's been in years... I have no idea how he does it when he eats like that! I'm a bit jealous... 


The rest of the week was pretty lax until Jesse came super late on Christmas Eve Friday! We spent the evening at the Simpson household with TONS of fabulous food. Of course I ate my face off, again. Little Riley was keeping us all updated via the internet Santa Tracker as to where Santa was in his route to her house. Updates were every five minutes. Then we all packed up for home around 10 pm since it was time to get Jess! I was too sleepy to wait up, but what a fabulous Christmas present, waking up to him being home! And home wearing the ugliest sweater I have ever seen. Somewhere, there is a little old lady without a proper holiday sweater. He also wore this sweater, or so i hear, all the way home from Cali. 


Christmas was great and then Marianne and her boys came in! There was more eating and family time. My chocolate raspberry tart was an epic fail. I had made this once before, but when recipes call for semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate, I found that 100% cacao bittersweet chocolate does NOT work. It was totally NOT edible. Gross. And the worst part was, I didn't try it before I set it out for consumption, and some people actually tried to eat it. Sorry Emma and Mom-mom Mar! 


The rest of the time spent with family and shopping and just hanging out. I love being home, but it also makes me really miss living close to home. I have the best family in the whole world...

No comments:

Post a Comment