Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Women's Institute

A little while back, my friend Vale sent out an email to all her girl friends saying that we all had talents and that we should take the time to teach them to each other. She hosted the first session at her flat last Tuesday titled "Learn to Cross Stitch."

I left work around 6PM and headed to Oxford Circus. The station was closed and I needed the Central line! It was a long day and I was tired so I started to get a bit emotional but managed to make my way to Green Park where I eventually got to Vale's stop. Of course I exited from the wrong exit and it took me another 30 minutes to find her flat, instead of 10 minutes, allowing me to explore some dodgy neighborhoods around there! 

But I arrived safe and sound and to a lovely spread of food! So after some quick catching up with the other five ladies present, it was time to get down to business. We picked our designs and fabrics and thread and we were off! Vale, of valeasc, missed her calling. We had everything we needed to become fully immersed in our new skill!!

It got a little quiet as as we all stitched away. It's a very soothing activity I must say. And although I didn't finish my Monkey all the way, he was very cute and I was rather impressed with myself! 

At the end of the evening, attendee Amy asked when the next session of WI was going to be. She said that of course, WI stood for Women's Institute. And thus our little craft club was born :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting about this, love that pic! I can't wait for our next session!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really fun! Didn't your mom used to cross-stitch you all neato stuff when you were babies? I remember once when she was prego with Jesse she was making something for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom IS a retaired cross-stitcher! she just showed me our baby quilts she cross-stitched panels for. Good memory Liss!

    Vale - I think that pic is perfect! Your flat is so cute and a perfect backdrop for a craft night!

    ReplyDelete