Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Monday, March 28, 2011

The big 2-7 Wish List

I'm slowly entering into the acceptance phase in regards to turning 27 about a month from now. As my 20s are slowly creeping towards 30, I must admit, I'm not liking the whole getting old thing. I feel like now that I've surpassed the 25 benchmark, the effects of aging are starting to rear their ugly heads. 

No longer can I stay awake past 10 PM. I eat half a piece of bread and I can't button my pants the next day. I'm starting to get dark circles. I barely get carded anymore (BUT I'm blaming this one on living in Europe and you only needing to be 18 years old to drink). I play a pick up game of soccer for 10 minutes and I can barely walk for three days. I can't remember what I did yesterday. And the list goes on... 

So, although I don't really need anything, I find myself window shopping quite a bit these days and I'm going to do a highlight real of what I secretly wouldn't mind getting for my birthday:
1. Ugg Bailey Boots - in Gray, size US6. These also made the Christmas Wishlist but sadly Santa did not bring me these. I guess I wasn't that high up in the Nice List. He did get me another very night pair, though. But these just seem springy and you can honestly wear your Uggs year-round in London so I don't think it's that bad to have a few pairs of uggs, right? 

2. Ray Bans Cats 5000 - in Brown or Black really. Yes, I just got a new pair of sunglasses last fall, but when Corinne was sunglass shopping over the weekend, I tried these on and instantly fell in love. I mean I'm no Penelope Cruz, but I think I rocked them pretty well! And with all the sunshine we've been having in these parts lately, I think two pairs are perfectly acceptable. 

3. Pandora Charms - Holy moly, after looking at the prices for one stinking charm, maybe just one is in order - if any! Some family friends gave me a pandora bracelet in 2006 in Germany and I only have three charms for it! I really missed the boat on filling that up before they became super popular! When we were in Paris, Dea had a complete bracelet and I loved it... 

4. A camcorder - I don't really have a specific one in mind. I'd be happy with a flip, but I think I would really like an actual mini camcorder of some kind. Andrew says not til we have babies, but we have had and keep having amazing experiences and I would like to remember me living them! My Uncle Greg has been posting old home movies online of our family and I have to say, it's amazing to see them. I am surprised by how overwhelming my emotions are when I see everyone so happy and young and vibrant. I want to remember my whole life like that! 

I think that's it for now. Those are the big ones. If I'm going to get old, I want to look good doing it!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty much done with reading about your fabulous life you big jerk. Love you!

    ReplyDelete