Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Totem Birthday Wishes

For Andrew's birthday, one of his only requests was that we see the new Cirque du Soleil Totem show that's in London through the end of February. So this past week, that's what we did! 

We tried to organize with our favorite Aussies (as Corinne has an early Feb birthday as well and had a similar birthday wish) and to make a long and surprising story short, we ended up with our own four-seater box in Royal Albert Hall for the show. With these amazing seats and space, we decided to really do it up with some drinks and snacks! We definitely broke some rules snapping some pics before the show, but I couldn't help myself, this place was THAT impressive!

The show itself was GREAT! The stage was amazing, as usual, and the projected images onto the stage transformed it into all these amazing scenes! 

There was a lot of gymnastics in show that was really impressive. The main gymnast girl was build like a body builder dude. There was one sequence with the girl and a guy of equal size and where they used each other's body weight to hold the other person in weird positions. They were both dressed in some sort of half tank top/sports bra looking costume and it was really freaky!


But in true Cirque du Soleil style, the show was fabulous and the company stellar! Royal Albert hall is two tube stops away from our flat. It's really cool to be so close to so many amazing experiences :) 

1 comment:

  1. I have just got home from the Royal Albert Hall where I saw Totem with my friend Elena, how funny! Happy you liked it too! The gymnasts were impressive but how about the Italian guy??? ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete