Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Party in the USA

Yes, it's been a significant amount of time since I've posted.... life happens!! I like to think of it as a little summer break. I feel like the last few weeks/month has been a whirlwind blur! 

August, Andrew and I went home to the United States of fabulous America. We landed on the 20th in NY JFK airport, rented a car, got stuck in traffic immediately on I-95 had an hour to change and get pretty before we arrived at Shana's wedding! It took place at a gorgeous church in the Bronx and was an hour in a half in Latin! I've never been to a Catholic service in Latin before. But Shana looked beautiful as did the rest of her family. It was really nice to see just how happy everyone was that Shana and Mike were getting married - made you really feel like they are going to be a really great, forever couple - which is what you would think you should feel at every wedding, but it was extra strong at this one :) 

The reception was also beautiful on the water in New Rochelle. I've never seen so much food at one event in my life! The band was my favorite part - a 14 piece group that sang salsa style songs, black eyed peas, oldies, EVERYTHING and the dance floor was never empty! Such a great time :) 

And after that, we drove to Steph and Paul's, picked them up, and drove to the shore at midnight getting there at 2 AM! It was a perfect relaxing time and I ended up talking poor Steph's ear off. I realized the significance of not having a good girl friend in London - I had a lot to say! But we spent the day on the beach and I even went in the ocean! Although then, I did nearly have a panic attack thinking about all the things I couldn't see under the water. It's been awhile since I've been in east coast murky water! 

Steph and Paul have recently gotten engaged and have chosen me as the maid of honor! I'm so so touched and am pumped to have such an important role in their special day! So we made sure to celebrate :) We had a lovely dinner and some drinks and some crazy susan cookies!! I love crazy susan cookies - one of my favorite things about the shore. I would love to ask her her secrets because while I think I make the best oatmeal raisin cookies known to mankind (with the inspiration of mama Sileo's recipe) I cannot achieve the gooey thickness that Susan does!!

Then Sunday, we were off to Maryland. Ashley was up in the New Jersey area and was nice enough to drive us down since we no longer had a rental car. This started the craziest week ever. I had zero down time between seeing friends and family and driving back and forth between Baltimore and La Plata. It was SO busy that I didn't even get to eat at my favorite places - Regi's, Baba's, Beach Bums, and Dangerously Delicious pies! We did get to go to the Best of Baltimore party which I always love, as well as a pre season Ravens game. I was extremely stressed at the time as I felt I was being stretched extremely thin, but I'm glad I got to see and spend time with everyone that I did :) 


It was really hard to say goodbye, especially to jesse and my fam. I really miss them. BUT i didn't have too much time to dwell on it since we got back Monday morning to London and I had to bust my bum to be able to go St. Petersburg that Thursday on a 6 AM flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment