Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Masterchef JVM style




Back in Baltimore, eating out once or twice a week was one of Andrew and my favorite things to do on date night. Eating out in London is actually a very pricey experience, but buying food at the supermarket, however, is extremely reasonable! With me not working yet, and the both of us liking to cook, we pretty much make dinner every night together! I noticed I had several of these homemade delights on my phone and thought they deserved a post.

Since the food is so different here, we make a lot of things inspired by meals and places we liked back home. We have a "baba's" dish with seasoned grilled chicken, rice, hummus and a side salad inspired from the little Mediterranean place we used to frequent in Locust Point, and calzones that really were just a product of the whole wheat crust recipe Andrew found online that we used to make all the time back home. They are filled with spinach and ricotta and mushrooms and grilled chicken. I like to cover mine with buffalo sauce :)

Few people know this, but back when Andrew and I first started dating, I invited him over for dinner to make him fall in love with me via my chicken fajita pie. This was the very first time I ever invited him to dinner at my house, and he shows up with a bouquet of flowers and a homemade apple pie he made from scratch - egg white washed and all. He didn't even know that was my favorite dessert! So last week, we were reminiscing about this first homemade dinner date and recreated his infamous apple pie. I really love that we can cook together so often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment