Few may know that one of my life goals is to live abroad for at least two months. Well, as Andrew has been assigned to at least a year contract with T. Rowe International, I say mission accomplished! Since I'm living one of my goals, I thought, what better way to document it than through a blog! I hope you enjoy following my many, yet sometimes ordinary, adventures!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Santa!! I know him!

In the spirit of the holiday season, I popped in Christmas Vacation yesterday. If Clark Griswald doesn't get you into the Christmas spirit, you are dead inside. It has inspired me to totally holiday-ify myself from this point forward by watching all the Christmas movies I own and listen to nothing but Christmas music and make Christmas cookies (again, because I totally botched the first batch but I guess thats ok because I ate half the dough before baking anyway) and finish my Christmas shopping and do all the Christmas-y things in London :) 

I have pretty much finished my Christmas shopping, but I am in the middle of the epic battle (I really like the word "epic" right now so apologies because I deliberately find ways to use it...and often) I have with myself each time I approach this holiday season... I keep finding little things for myself along the way! I know that you should not buy things for yourself around Christmas, that it's better to give than receive, but I really can't help myself sometimes and I really do feel guilty having people spend money on me... 

My good friend Vale has a really cute blog where she has been posting things she'd like Santa to bring her, so I am taking a page out of her book with this post in the hopes that talking about some of my new obsessions will get them out of my system :)

I really thought I was growing up because I am struggling to find things I can tell my family to get me for Christmas, and that the "giving" part of Christmas was all that I was thinking about. And then I walked into Warehouse today (one of my new fav stores in London) and had to walk right back out because I was falling in love with 20 different things!! In my defense, one said item IS on my teeny tiny Christmas wishlist that I sent to Andrew (since he never knows what to get me), but I know for a fact that he did not get this particular one for me. I am a terrible person and cannot help myself when it comes to surprises. I have insanely stealth and effective detective skills when needed. 

I also have an ugg sickness I am fighting. I realized the other day that I have had my classic short sand colored uggs since I was 20! That's going on 7 years. They are currently gross and stained and in my mind, that warrants a replacement. This means I cannot stop thinking about the super cute short ugg Bailey Button boots, and of course, am seeing everywhere! But while looking for them, I stumbled across the Knightsbridge boot, which I am REALLY loving too... But I already have 3 pairs of uggs... replacing one pair I can justify, but buying a fourth pair... Andrew would kill me!  It doesn't help that Miranda Kerr has them and looks super cute in them!! I think I'd want them in gray. I don't have gray boots... does that make it OK?!?!

So the venting - I don't think it helped! At least I have a busy week so hopefully that will keep my mind busy and not obsessing over silly things like boots and capes! Instead, I should really be asking if anyone has a good idea as to what to get an 18 year old boy about to go off to college next fall, yet hasn't decided on the exact college currently, because I would love to hear it!! It's sad to think I was leaving for college 8 years ago!! I feel old...


Bailey Button Boot
Knightsbridge boot

1 comment:

  1. If you want gray boots, I think you need them and you should have them! I know, I am such a bad influence :)

    ReplyDelete